How to associate a custom field with Requirement
To associate a custom field with Requirement type, follow the steps given below:
- Log in to Micro Focus ALM/QC for the project specified in the integration.
- Go to Tools->Customize->Requirement Types.
- Select the specific requirement type that you have mapped in the integration. If one has not selected a specific type of requirement in the mapping, then for all requirement type below steps needs to be followed.
- Click User Defined Fields.
- Select the user defined field that you have used in the mapping.
- Mark enable InType for that particular custom field.
- For example, if a user has configured an integration between the Functional Type of Requirement of Micro Focus ALM/QC and any entity of the target system, and in the mapping, a user has used custom field Link to Remote Entity. Then to associate the custom field Link to Remote Entity with the Functional Type of requirement. Please refer below image.
- For example, if a user has configured an integration between any type of Requirement type of Micro Focus ALM/QC and any entity of the target system, and in the mapping, user has used custom field Link to Remote Entity. Then the user needs to associate the custom field Link to Remote Entity with all the type of requirement type.
How to Enable History of Fields to be Mapped
To enable/disable history on the field, follow the steps given below:
- Log in to Micro Focus ALM.
- Go to Tools->Customize->Project Entities.
- Expand entity type for which the integration is configured, for example ‘Defect’.
- Expand System Fields and Custom Fields folders.
- Search for the attribute that is mapped for the integration.
- On clicking the attribute, a checkbox labelled History will appear on the right pane.
- Here you can enable/disable History for the selected attribute based on your requirement.
Proxy Configuration steps
- Before performing the following steps, please make sure the server on which you are configuring proxy satisfies the prerequisites for proxy configuration
- Navigate to <OpsHub_Installation_Directory>\Other_Resources\Resources directory.
- Extract OpsHub_ALMQC_WebService.zip from the above-mentioned directory to IIS directory (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\). This will create the HPQCWebService directory inside the IIS directory (e.g. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\HPQCWebService).
Note: After extracting the service, The ‘HPQCWebService’ directory must contain the content of the extracted zip file (i.e. The ‘bin’ directory, ‘HPQCService.asmx’ file and ‘Web.config’ file) as its immediate children.
- Open Internet Information Service (IIS) Manager, expand server, and right click ”’Sites”’ and then select ”’Add Web Site”’. This opens ”’Add Web Site”’ dialog.
- Set Physical path to the extracted directory (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\HPQCWebService). Set Site name. Set port on which this proxy will serve requests. For example, if you want to create the website with the name HPQCWebservice, which will be bound with the 8844 port of IP address 10.13.28.178, then refer to the configuration shown in the image below.
Note: If you will not bind the website with an IP address (E.g. if you select All Unassigned in the IP address field), then the website will be bound to the localhost.
- This will create an Application Pool with the same name given as Site name. In the Connections pane, expand the server name, and then click Application Pools. Navigate to the application pool that is used for OpsHub ALM/QC Web Service application. In the Actions pane, click Advanced Settings. In the Advanced Settings dialog box, set the following values for properties in given sections:
|.NET framework Version: v2.0
Enable 32-Bit Applications: True
Managed Pipeline Mode: Classic
|Processor Affinity Enabled: True
Processor Affinity Mask: 1
|Maximum Worker Processes: 1
||Enabled = Fast
Note: Enable 32-Bit Applications is required only when the Proxy Host machine is 64-Bit.
- For the reference, please refer below screenshot of Advanced Settings.
- Open %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\CONFIG\machine.config file in notepad. Replace processModel section under with the following :
<processModel enable=”true” autoConfig=”false” maxWorkerThreads=”1″ minWorkerThreads=”1″ />
Note: In the path mentioned above the v4.0.30319 part may differ depending on the version of .NET framework installed.
- Open web.config from OpsHub ALM/QC Web Service application in a notepad and change following properties: Set the value of “value” attribute of <param name=”File”> element under <configuration> <log4net><appender> with the valid path to logger file that has appropriate write permission for logging. For example, when we save logs to the C:\logs\ folder, the setting will look like this: <configuration> <log4net> <appender name=”LogFileAppender” type=”log4net.Appender.FileAppender”> <param name=”File” value=”C:\logs\OpsHubProxyLog.txt” />.
- Set following date formats in Region and Language:
- Short date: M/d/yyyy
- Long date: dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy
- Short time: h:mm tt
- Long time: h:mm:ss tt
- Restart IIS.
- With the above configuration, the OpsHub ALM/QC web service will be deployed successfully. To check whether the web service is deployed properly or not, click Browse Website from the Actions pane in the IIS Manager.
- Please make sure that the Directory Browsing is enabled for the added website. For example, when you have added the website HPQCWebservice, then to enable Directory Browsing for the website HPQCWebservice, go to Sites -> HPQCWebservice -> Feature View -> Directory Browsing -> enable
- To refer to the deployed web service, use http://<Host name\IP address>:<Port Number>/HPQCService.asmx link (IP address and the port number will have the same value as mentioned for the website configuration in the IIS Manager). For example, http://10.13.28.178:8844/HPQCService.asmx
Note: The proxy can be deployed with the default application pool .NET v4.5 Classic. To deploy proxy with the default application pool, above-mentioned changes must be done in this application pool as well. For example, after you have added the website HPQCWebservice, then to change the application pool for the website HPQCWebservice, go to: Sites -> HPQCWebservice -> Basic Settings -> Select ->Application Pool -> .NET v4.5 Classic